Saturday 5 December 2015

Ten Bad Breath Remedies

Definition

Foul-smelling breath, usually caused by the breakdown of food. Other culprits include poor dental hygiene, dry mouth, disease, infection, tobacco use and severe dieting.
Causes
Most bad breath starts in your mouth, and there are many possible causes that include:
  • Food particles from stinky foods like garlic and onions
  • Smoking
  • Respiratory Infections
  • Acid Reflux
  • Poor Oral Hygiene
Bad breath is an embarrassing issue that can hamper your social life. It is encouraging to know that the problem can often be improved through the consistent use of good oral care along with avoiding the beverages and foods that make it worse. Other bad breath remedies, such as chewing on certain herbs and spices, staying hydrated and abstaining from tobacco, can also make a difference. Knowing what practices help and what practices hurt can enable you to attack the problem head on.
1. Brush Regularly
Brushing removes the sticky film of bacteria from your teeth and gums that can cause bad breath, so do this at least twice a day. Since some odors can be eliminated immediately after a meal, keep a toothbrush at your workplace. Buy a new toothbrush every three or four months, choosing one that has soft bristles. Use a toothpaste such as Colgate® MaxFresh® that removes odor-causing bacteria.
2. Clean Your Tongue
The tongue is often overlooked in oral care, but it can harbor plaque and tiny bits of food. When you brush your teeth, gently sweep the brush across the tongue to remove food and bacteria that can lead to bad breath. If you have a coated tongue, you could benefit from a tongue scraper.
3. Floss Once a Day
Don't forget to floss. Doing this at least once a day will get rid of plaque hiding between the teeth. Flossing is as important as brushing because tiny food particles can become trapped in these areas.
4. Clean Your Dentures and Retainers
Proper oral care includes maintaining the cleanliness of anything within your mouth. Remove your dentures at night and brush them with a dental cleanser. If you use a dental retainer, clean it each time before putting it back in your mouth.
5. Avoid Certain Beverages
Some beverages can cause breath odor. According to Prevention magazine, they include coffee and alcoholic drinks, such as beer, wine and whiskey. They leave behind a residue that sticks to the plaque in your mouth, so each breath you take spews these smells back into the air.
6. Be Aware of Odorous Foods
The odor from strong-tasting cheeses, such as Camembert, Roquefort and blue cheese, can remain in your mouth. Essential oils from garlic, onions and hot peppers can also linger for some time after a meal. Avoiding garlic and onions isn't the greatest option, however, because they are healthy foods, so check the following tip to help alleviate this problem.
7. Use Natural Breath-Fresheners
Some herbs and spices in your kitchen can freshen your breath. Parsley contains chlorophyll, which is a natural deodorizer. Drinking a cup of mint tea or chewing on mint leaves can also help. Another tip is to carry a bag of cloves, anise seeds or fennel to chew on after eating an odor-causing meal.
8. Avoid a Dry Mouth
A dry mouth can cause bad breath, so stay hydrated. You can do this by drinking plenty of water while avoiding soft drinks, coffee and alcohol, all of which dry the mouth. In cases of severe dry mouth, a dentist may prescribe artificial saliva.
9. Don't Smoke or Chew Tobacco
Aside from being harmful to health in many ways, smoking and chewing tobacco can contribute to bad breath. The unpleasant scent of these products remains in the mouth after use. It's best to avoid them completely.
10. Get Regular Dental Cleanings and Checkups
Make appointments for regular dental cleanings and checkups. Discuss your bad breath with your dentist so that he or she can determine whether your issue stems from an oral cause, is a side effect of your medications or is due to a general health condition. When the cause is not due to an issue within your mouth, you may have to consult your doctor.
If you try these bad breath remedies, especially those that contribute to good oral care, the issue will likely improve. They are all easy to practice and can help you overcome bad breath.

4 comments:

  1. I am very happy today to share this amazing testimony on how Dr. idahosa the herbal doctor was able to cure me from my HIV Virus with his herbal medicine. I have been a HIV patient for almost 8 months now and have tried different methods of treatment to ensure that I am cured of this terrible disease, but none worked for me, so I had to leave everything to God to handle as I was a Christian who had faith that one day God would intervene in my life, yet I felt so sad and desperate as I was losing almost everything due to my illness, A few months ago while I was surfing the internet I saw different recommendation about Dr idahosa on how he have been using his herbal Medicine to treat and cure people, these people advice we contact Dr. idahosa for any problem that would help immediately, I contacted Dr idahosa and I told him how I got his contact and also about my disease, after some time Dr. idahosa told me to have faith that he would prepare for me a medication of herbal herbs, he told me I would take this medicine for a few weeks and also asked my home for home address so as possible for him to submit the drug for me, so my good friends after all the process and everything Dr idahosa actually sent me the medicine, I took it as I was directed by Dr. idahosa, after a few weeks passed, while on Dr.idahosa medication I began to experience changes in my body, I had to call my doctor at the hospital for some blood test after test my hospital doctor told me that I was no longer with the Hiv virus and my blood is pretty good, I can not even believe this, Friends well today i am Hiv Free and i want everyone to know that there is a cure for Hiv for those who will contact Dr idahosa after reading my testimony, you can kindly contact Dr. idahosa in (dridahosasolutioncenter@gmail.com) or call him +2348134261542, God bless you all ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using this herbal cure remedy for 3 months now. So far, it has cured my HERPES, eliminated my COLD SORE, improved energy and metabolism, in the morning I feel recharged and I no longer feel sleepy after a meal. As for the scent, it does smell like motor oil but I chase it down with 100% Cranberry Juice 1tsp. twice a day AFTER a meal. I also experienced vivid dreams for about 5 days now it's diminishing to during the first 2 or 3 hours of sleep . contact dr Emmanuel: EMAIL: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or call/whatsapp +2348140073965. you can get the cure from him and be free from all kinds of diseases.
      HIV/AIDS
      Diabtetes
      Cancer
      hepatitis

      Delete
  2. I want to share my testimony on how i get cure of my HIV diseases with the help of Doctor idahosa, i have being suffering for this disease for a very long time now.i have try several means to get rid of of the HIV disease for the last three years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr idahosa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr idahosa telling him about my HIV Virus he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i am cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr idahosa on [dridahosasolutioncenter@gmail.com] sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends and to share this to every one that have any of this sickness you can call his whatssAp mobile via +2348134261542

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 47 years old and female. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD and I was beyond scared! My lung function test indicated 49% capacity. After having had the flu a year ago, the shortness of breath, coughing and chest pains continued even after being treated with antibiotics. I've been smoking two packs a day for 36 years. Being born without a sternum caused my ribs to be curled in just one inch away from my spine, resulting in underdeveloped lungs. At age 34 I had surgery and it was fixed. Unfortunately my smoking just caused more damage to my already under developed lungs. The problem was that I enjoy smoking and don't want to give up! Have tried twice before and nearly went crazy and don't want to go through that again. I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they started to find a solution on their own to help my condition.I am a 47 now who was diagnosed with COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of smoking. I started smoking in school when smoking was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but I was able to get rid of my COPD lung condition through the help of  Dr Akhigbe   total cure herbal medicine. My husband saw his testimony on the internet that he used his powerful medicine to cure different diseases. We contacted his email   [drrealakhigbe@gmail.com}   He has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and other diseases, will cure you totally and permanently with his natural organic herbs,We received the medicine through courier delivery service. I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life.
    Dr Akhighe also cured diseases like, HERPES, DIABETES, HIV/AIDS, COPD, CANCER,ASTHMA,STROKE,LUPUS,JOINT PAIN,CHRONIC DISEASES,PARKINSON DISEASES,TUBERCULOSIS,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,BREAST INFECTION,WOMEN SEXUAL PROBLEM, GINGIVITIS, ERYSIPELAS,STAPHYLOCOCCUS,HEPATITIS A/B, QUICK EJACULATION, IMMUNOTHERAPY, GONORRHEA,SYPHILIS,WAST/BACK PAIN,PELVIC INFLAMMATORY, DICK ENLARGEMENT,HEART DISEASES,TERMINAL ILLNESS,SHIFT IN FOCUS,ATAXIA,COMMON COLD,CROHN'S DISEASES,ALCOHOL SPECTRUM DISORDER,GRAVES DISEASE,HEARING LOSS, INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS,LEUKEMIA,MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS,OBESITY,RABIES,SCOLIOSIS,INFLUENZA, POLIO,JACOB,ETC. If you are out there looking for your cure please  contact  dr Akhigbe  by his email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com     or contact his whatsapp number   +2349010754824
    God bless you Dr Akhigbe for your good hand work on my life.

    ReplyDelete